There is still time to celebrate summer with this spicy Korean BBQ pork. This recipe has all the elements of a good barbeque with the added seasoning of gochujang and Korean BBQ sauce. The sauces provide the perfect barbeque flavors of sweet, tangy, and savory. The pork is slow cooked for 8 hours so the meat should fall apart from the bone. Pork shoulder has turned into my favorite cut of pork simply because of the transformation it goes through after cooking it slowly. The pulled pork turned out really tender and easily shredded into a delicious BBQ sandwich. Topping with coleslaw is also a must for this recipe!
Korean BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich
(Makes 8-10 servings)
- 1 3lb pork butt
- 2 cups Korean BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup Gochujang
- 8-10 buns
- 2 cups roasted sesame and ginger coleslaw
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put the pork in the slow cooker, pour 1 cup of the bbq sauce and half of the gochujang sauce over it and cook on low heat for 8 hours.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker and let it cool.
- Simmer the sauce in a sauce pan to reduce and mix in the rest of the the bbq sauce and gochujang.
- Shred the pork with a pair of forks and mix in the gochujang, bbq sauce, and juice mixture.
- Spread out the shredded pork on a baking sheet and broil for 5 minutes until the top is just slightly crispy.
- Assemble the sandwiches.