Since September has arrived I have been searching for a more fall inspired bread recipe. This recipe is a perfect fall bread and has so many good flavors. The pumpkin flavor and spices can clearly be tasted along with the delicious addition of cranberries and white chocolate chips. The white chocolate chips melted into the bread during baking so I might try a larger, white chocolate chunk next time. The bread was nice and moist and the pumpkin spice highlighted the flavors of the pumpkin puree. The aroma during baking was amazing and I can’t wait to have this for breakfast the next coming week!
Pumpkin Bread with Dried Cranberries and White Chocolate
(Makes 1 Loaf)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Mix the flour, baking soda, salt and spices in a large bowl.
- Mix the pumpkin puree, sugar, eggs, oil and butter in another bowl.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9×5 bread loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350F for 65 minutes, or until a tooth pick poked in the middle comes out clean.