This all purpose BBQ sauce is great for sandwiches, marinades, and grilling. It has a nice balance between spicy, tangy and sweet with some added nutty flavor from the roasted sesame seeds.
Korean BBQ Sauce
(Makes about 2 Cups)
- 2 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp soybean paste
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 5 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted and ground
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp xiao hsing wine
- 1 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 tsp ginger, minced
- In a saucepan on medium high heat, combine the soy sauce, soybean paste, xiao hsing wine, tomato paste, sesame oil, and brown sugar and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients and let simmer for several minutes to thicken the sauce.