Time to break out the fresh summer salads! I wanted something healthy and filling so I went with a tuna salad nicoise. Nicoise is a salad that has a mixture of veggies, hard-boiled eggs, and topped with tuna or anchovy. You can pretty much add any veggies you want with this salad, so I went with black olives, tomatoes, and red onions. The salad is served with a vinaigrette so I went with a lemon-mustard vinaigrette. The salad was exactly what I was craving–something light and fresh, and very satisfying.
Tuna Salad Nicoise with a Lemon-Mustard Vinaigrette
(Makes 2 salads)
- 12 oz. solid white albacore tuna, flaked
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp black olives, chopped
- 2 large handfuls red leaf lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup whole black olives
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced thin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the tuna, mayo, mustard, chopped onion, chopped olives in a bowl.
- Mix the olive oil, honey, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl
- Assemble the salad and mix in the dressing.