One of my favorite combinations is mint and chocolate. For St. Patrick’s Day, I decided to make some green chocolate chip cookies and to give the recipe a little kick I added mint extract to the batter. The chocolate and the mint were great together and it was even tastier dipping the cookies into milk. For whatever reason dipping the cookies in milk caused the mint flavor to be more pronounced. This was an easy and tasty recipe for St. Patty’s day!
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
(makes about 2 1/2 dozen)
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp mint extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 10 drops of green food coloring
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in egg, mint, food coloring, and vanilla.
- Gradually blend in the dry ingredients, one 1/2 cup at a time.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir to combine
- Roll dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let cool.