The grilled lemongrass chicken was so good that I wanted to have those flavors again. Instead of repeating that same meal, I used an entirely different format for those flavors–a pizza! I decided to make the cashew butter dip as the sauce for the pizza along with an assortment of tasty toppings. I tried something new and added roasted red peppers for color and flavor. The grilled chicken was great with the red peppers and cashew sauce. I topped the pizza with fresh mozzarella, jalapenos, cilantro, and bean sprouts which added a nice freshness and crunch. The cashew sauce is rich so it only needs a thin layer of sauce on the bottom. All the flavors worked great together and it was fun to eat the same dish in a whole new way!
Vietnamese Lemongrass Chicken Pizza with Cashew Butter Sauce
(makes 1 pizza)
- 1 pizza dough
- olive oil
- 2 lemongrass chicken breasts
- 1 batch cashew butter dipping sauce
- 2 red peppers, roasted and sliced thin
- 6 oz. mozzarella, grated
- 1 jalapeno, sliced thin
- 1 handful bean sprouts
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- On an oiled baking sheet, place the flat pizza dough onto the sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and bake at 450F until brown, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill the chicken and shred into bite-sized pieces.
- Spread a thin layer of the cashew sauce onto the pizza dough, adding the roasted red peppers on top.
- Add the chicken pieces and mozzarella. Bake for 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and started to just brown.
- Top with the jalapeno slices, bean sprouts, and cilantro.