This is a very basic pizza crust recipe. It’s pretty much impossible for me to form pizza dough into perfect circles so I just cut any extra dough hanging off the pan with a clean scissors. I like to get the dough really thin by holding it up with 2 hands and rotating it vertically in the air.
(Makes 1 Pizza)
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour and a little extra for rolling
- 1/8 oz. dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup warm water (120-130 degrees)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a medium bowl, stir together half of the flour, the yeast and the salt until well blended.
- Add the water and oil. Mix by hand until almost smooth. Gradually stir in remaining flour to make a firm dough.
- Cover and let set for at least 15 minutes. Prick the dough with a fork. Preheat oven to 400.
- Grease a baking sheet, and roll out the dough. Prebake for 10 to 12 minutes or just until edges of crust begin to turn a light golden brown.