Well it’s November and officially a few weeks away from Thanksgiving! This recipe is a great side dish for the holidays even though it’s difficult to think they are right around the corner. I even saw some Christmas commercials come on the other day which was pretty hard to believe. This recipe combines potatoes, beets and butternut squash tossed in olive oil and roasted with garlic and fresh herbs. It doesn’t get much easier than that! The flavors from each vegetable came together perfectly. Works well as a holiday side dish but is great for any time of the week during the winter.
Roasted Winter Vegetables with Butternut Squash
(Makes about 3 servings)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 butternut squash, skin removed and cubed
- 3 red potatoes, cubed
- 3 large beets, skin removed and cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp rosemary, chopped
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, toss the squash, potatoes and beets with the olive oil, sea salt, herbs, pepper and garlic.
- Coat a baking sheet with a little olive oil and place the vegetables on the sheet.
- Bake at 400F for about 45 minutes. Toss the vegetables halfway through.