Even though it isn’t summer anymore it doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy a good taco! If you’re craving food truck style tacos this is the recipe you need to make it at home. Seasoned ground beef comes together with smoky chipotle salsa, sharp cheddar and slices of avocado. The beef is seasoned in a simple combination of garlic, jalapenos, paprika and cumin. Finish it off with fresh lime juice and cilantro and you have one flavorful taco (or 10)!
Classic Beef Tacos with Chipotle Tomato Salsa
(Makes about 10 tacos)
- 1 lb. ground beef (I used grass fed)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 batch Chipotle Tomato Salsa
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 1/2-2 cups sharp cheddar, finely grated
- handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juice
- 10 soft corn tacos
- sour cream (optional)
- In a saute pan, heat the butter, onion, garlic and jalapeno. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and break it apart as it continues to cook. Drain excess grease from the pan.
- Stir in the paprika, cumin and salt.
- Pour a spoonful of meat into each taco and dress with salsa, cheese, cilantro, avocado and lime juice.