I have a lot of preserved lemons now that they are ready to use. I thought that a nice pasta dish would taste great with those lemons and this is what I came up with. It came out pretty well and all the flavors tasted good together. The sun-dried tomatoes, lemons, olives, and capers were delicious. I was originally going to use diced tomatoes but when John suggested sun-dried tomatoes I had to try it. I didn’t add any cheese but I think this recipe would be great with a little feta or parmesan on top.
Farfalle with Preserved Lemon and Sun-dried Tomatoes
(Makes 2 Servings)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 preserved lemon, pith removed, washed and sliced
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 Cup Sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons capers (drained)
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives (pitted and diced)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Cups Farfalle
- 1 handful parsley (chopped)
- Heat the oil and butter until melted. Add the onion and saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and chili pepper flakes and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the white wine, tomatoes, lemon, olives and capers and let simmer until it has almost all evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- Cook the pasta as directed.
- Toss the pasta in the sauce, add the parsley, and serve.