If you want a clean, tidy dinner this is probably not the recipe for you. Ending up with barbeque sauce all over was worth it though since this sandwich turned out very tasty. The sweet and tangy barbeque sauce was excellent with the pork. Slow cooking the meat allowed it to get very tender and easy to pull apart. The coleslaw was great with the sandwich, and after looking at some pictures I decided to put it right on the bun. I also baked some sweet potato fries that went very well with the flavors of the pulled pork.
Barbeque Pulled Pork Sandwich
(Makes 5 Servings)
- Put the onions, chicken stock, and pork in the slow cooker, pour 1/2 cup of the bbq sauce over it and cook on low heat for 6 hours.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Pour the leftover liquid into a sauce pot and simmer to reduce.
- Pull apart the pork with a fork and pour the liquid onto the meat.
- Mix in the rest of barbeque sauce and assemble the sandwiches.