*Camera Update: I bought a camera on ebay yesterday. It’s a Panasonic Lumix DMC TZ3-k that was previously owned but still in great shape. Until it arrives I am using an ancient digital camera. John also bought a Canon 5D today (it’s like camera fever over here) and I can’t wait to see how that one works out.
Lunch today was a tasty wrap with arugula and capers with a balsamic vinegar glaze. For an easy protein I used a frozen veggie burger (shame on me, I know). In the future, I would like to experiment with making veggie burgers from scratch. For the wrap, I like using the veggie burger with grains, veggies, and cheese better than the soy patty type.
Arugula and Balsamic Wrap
(Makes 1 Wrap)
- 1 Small red onion (1 1/2 cups), chopped
- 3/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 veggie burger, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Capers
- Handful of Arugula
- 6 slices of Fresh Mozzarella
- 2 tsp. Dried Basil
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 1 burrito tortilla or wrap
- a few tbsp. Olive Oil
- salt and pepper
1. Heat oil in a pan on high. Saute the onion and olives together until soft.
2. Mix in the veggie burger and dried basil. Drizzle half of the balsamic vinegar in and stir. Add the sugar and let simmer for a few minutes.
3. Mix in the rest of the balsamic vinegar until everything is caramelized.
4. Warm tortilla over the stove and place the ingredients on the wrap. In the same pan wilt the arugula for a few seconds. Top with fresh mozzarella.