Flat breads and grilled meats are popular fare all over the world. I was so impressed with the Lebanese version I made a few months ago. I fell in love with the smorgasbord effect of the different condiments, seasoning, breads and meat. All of the different parts came together in a beautiful way. When there’s so many separate parts you can almost “choose your own adventure” (more about that in the sauces post). I decided to try out this idea with a version of Roasted Moroccan Chicken–one of my favorite recipes. This recipe takes the spice blend from the original recipe and uses it to season the chicken which is skewered and then grilled. It worked out great with the Moroccan Flat Bread and was a perfect accompaniment with the dipping sauces.
Grilled Moroccan Chicken Skewers
(makes 2 servings)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the dry spices.
- In another bowl, toss the olive oil, salt and pepper with the chicken pieces.
- Pour the spices over the chicken until evenly coated on every side.
- Thread on a skewer and grill for several minutes on each side. Sprinkle the skewers with lemon juice.