I bet everyone since the coming of the internet has thought of a great idea, searched for it and realized a lot of people had the same idea. This pizza was practically an epiphany for me: “…a vodka sauce pizza?“ The recipe for the sauce makes enough for the pizza plus a little extra for any future pasta nights. I chose the margherita style pizza because I thought it would work best with the vodka sauce and not mask the flavor of it. The fresh mozzarella, thin crust, and basil leaves were the perfect accompaniments to the vodka sauce. After I had finished enjoying the pizza I couldn’t wait to make a post about it. It turns out other people thought the same thing! I don’t mind though..sometimes good ideas start from all over.
Margherita Pizza alla Vodka (Vodka Sauce Pizza)
(makes 1 pizza)
- 1 pizza dough
- Olive oil
- 1 batch vodka sauce
- 7 oz. fresh whole mozzarella, sliced
- 6 large basil leaves
- Brush the pizza crust with olive oil and bake in a 450F oven for about 10 minutes until it starts looking crispy and lightly browned.
- Spoon the vodka sauce onto the pizza crust evenly, leaving about an inch of room on the edges.
- Place the sliced mozzarella on top. Bake for about 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and add the basil leaves on top.