Sweet potato fries are such a great way to eat your beta-carotene! I love the beautiful color of sweet potatoes and their flavor made these fries seem more like a dessert. They were easy to prep and cook, but make sure to keep an eye on them because they do burn more easily than regular potatoes. As with regular fries, I like to broil them the last few minutes of cooking to get that extra bit of crispiness on the outside.
Sweet Potato Wedges
(Makes 2 Servings)
- Olive oil, for tossing
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brush a flat tray with olive oil and place the wedges on it evenly.
- Brush the fries with a little more olive oil and add the paprika.
- Bake in a 425F oven for 10 minutes until golden brown. Turn the wedges after 8 minutes.
- During the last 2 minutes of cooking, turn the oven to the broil setting.